February 22, 2011
Eventually I plan to record myself teaching with either/and/or a video audio recorder but in the mean time, I am doing field research. Last week I observed the French teacher at McKay to witness her presence and voice with the students, her energy level, and literally the volume and depth to her voice. Speaking "from the belly" versus a "head voice" and volume is something that I am working on with my mentor teacher as well as the short & sweet initial delivery of each class. I will continue to observe other teachers as well.
March 10, 2011
I have not yet created any recordings of myself though I am getting tired of hearing myself talk. I do believe I am improving, on some days anyway, as to how much I am talking with my class. I am becoming more conscious of my "air time" and trying to edit my unnecessary little side comments. In some weird way I have thought that by talking to them more frequently it is a way for to reassure them that I am there for them.
I feel like I am yelling, though I have been reminded that there is a difference between yelling, speaking loudly, and screaming. By the time that i get home at night I am tired of talking.
Not a bad thing in some people's opinion-ha!
No comments:
Post a Comment